Have you wondered what tasks a Virtual Assistant can actually do to help your business?
I know that there are at least 101 things I could do to help business owners save time and money and I have detailed them here.
Administration tasks that a Virtual Assistant can do to help your business:
- Help you with your emails, including replying, creating folders and filters and organising.
- Review / proofread documents for you, such as business documents or letters.
- Liaise with your suppliers on your behalf.
- Liaise with your customers or clients on your behalf to keep in regular contact.
- Help you find a gift for a supplier or customer or send a thank you card.
Data related tasks that a Virtual Assistant can do to help your business:
- Creating and managing spreadsheets, adding formulas and other formatting.
- Create a database for the business contacts that you meet (and get rid of that pile of business cards).
- Update or ‘clean’ your database or CRM.
- Show you how to use Google Drive, Google Docs and Google Sheets.
- Organise computer files so they are named and filed appropriately.
- Create reports and statistics relevant for your business by using your data.
Sub Total: 11
Diary related tasks that a Virtual Assistant can do to help your business:
- Book or arrange meetings on your behalf.
- Schedule your diary with new meetings and events.
- Remind you about events, deadlines or meetings.
- Review your workload or to-do list and help you plan and prioritise.
- Prepare a schedule based on your diary commitments and travel plans for a corporate trip.
- Find relevant networking meetings for you to attend.
- Find local events that would be relevant for your business.
Sub Total: 18
Event related tasks that a Virtual Assistant can do to help your business:
- Plan your next staff party or corporate event.
- Research venues for your next business meeting or corporate event.
- Find workshops or activities for your next staff do or corporate party.
- Find entertainment for your next staff do or corporate party.
- Create event invites for your next corporate event and record and chase responses.
Sub Total: 23
Finance tasks that a Virtual Assistant can do to help your business:
- Create and send invoices to your clients or customers.
- Chase your clients or customers for outstanding payments.
- Set up automatic reminders on Xero so overdue invoices are chased without any input from you.
- Reconcile your bank transactions on your accountancy software.
- Get your bookkeeping up to date if it is behind.
- Record all of your business transactions on accountancy software on a regular basis.
- Review VAT transactions and prepare your VAT return for submission.
- Organise and record all of your receipts/expenses for business trips.
- Review and approve staff expense claims and receipts.
- Review timesheets from staff and work out hours worked for payroll.
- Work out bonus amounts due to staff.
- Create a system for your bookkeeping processes.
- Work with your accounts team to review processes and make changes to make the process more efficient.
- Set up accountancy software for your business and show you how to use it.
- Show you the benefits of Xero and the features it has.
- Show you how to use reports from Xero to review business performance.
- Analyse financial reports and give you a simple easy to read summary of what the figures mean.
- Create a budget for your business and show you how to check if you are on track with finances.
- Work alongside your accountant to make sure they have the information they need for your year-end (and reduce your accounts bill as a result).
- Update you on new tax rules or updates that affect PAYE, NI or Self Assessment.
Sub Total: 43
HR tasks that a Virtual Assistant can do to help your business:
- Work with you to make sure you have HR processes in place for your business.
- Set up and maintain a staff database for you.
- Help you with HR software and ensure it is up to date.
- Create HR templates or documents for your business.
- Reply to potential candidates for job roles and schedule interviews.
- Help research job descriptions and specifications for your new vacancy.
- Set up a holiday booking system for your staff and create a holiday diary.
- Create an office diary and record employee anniversaries and other milestones.
- Create a new starter process for your company.
- Create an employee leaver process for your company.
Sub Total: 53
Marketing tasks that a Virtual Assistant can do to help your business:
- Help you with the basics of your WordPress website and how to update it.
- Help you set up a business social media account on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram or Twitter.
- Set up your business listing for Google My Business.
- Help you plan a social media diary and schedule your content.
- Show you how to use a tool to schedule your social media posts.
- Reply to questions or comments on your social media posts or blog.
- Create a performance report on social media following or website visits.
- Plan and research ideas for your blog.
- Check your website for keyword content and broken links.
- Reply to reviews of your business on Google, FaceBook or Trustpilot.
- Find free images for you to use for your website or blog.
- Make sure you are connected with your business contacts on social media.
- Researching articles relevant to your business for you to share.
Sub Total: 67
Process related tasks that a Virtual Assistant can do to help your business:
- Create template documents so you don’t need to create the same thing over and over again.
- Review a process and suggest improvements.
- Plan your next process change, including trial, implementation and review.
- Create reports relevant to your business performance such as weekly sales figures.
- Create forms that are relevant to your business, such as client enquiry form.
- Create training documents for your new staff.
- Create documents for your team on how to complete a process.
Sub Total: 74
Project tasks that a Virtual Assistant can do to help your business:
- Manage a project for you, work with your team and report to you on its progress.
- Complete a project for you to make sure it is completed and on time.
- Help you plan a project, including resources, timescale and staffing.
- Create a project budget and monitor it regularly.
- Help you use a project management tool to make sure your project is monitored appropriately.
Sub Total: 79
Research tasks that a Virtual Assistant can do to help your business:
- Research new suppliers and get quotes.
- Find local suppliers and businesses to build up your local network.
- Research potential new clients before you meet with them.
- Research your competitor and summarise what their offering is.
- Research a new legislation that affects your business and tell you what you need to do.
- Research a new standard/process for your industry and tell you how it affects your business.
- Research new office premises that meet your criteria.
- Research content that your competitors post on social media.
- Research new software such as CRM systems.
- Review and summarise industry news or updates.
- Help you put together a scope of work document for third-party suppliers.
Sub Total: 90
Startup tasks that a Virtual Assistant can do to help your business:
- Help a startup business with general help on what you need to consider.
- Help explain the tax and income implications when you go self-employed.
- Help you create a business plan if you are a new startup.
- Help you plan the launch of your new startup including setting targets and timescales.
- Help you create business processes and systems for your new start-up.
Sub Total: 95
Travel and logistics that a Virtual Assistant can do to help your business:
- Find options for travel and accommodation for your corporate trip to fit budget/specification.
- Find options for travel and accommodation for your next holiday to fit budget/specification.
- Book flights, hotel accommodation and transfers.
- Arrange meal reservations, events or sightseeing for trips.
- Prepare an itinerary based on your travel plans.
Sub Total: 100
And the 101st thing that a Virtual Assistant can help you with?
- Take a mess and make it good.