Effective 10th June 2018
Kirsty Piercy (“I”, “Me”, “My”) operates Kirsty Piercy Virtual Assistant, https://www.kirstypiercy-virtualassistant.co.uk/ (“Service” or “Website”).
This policy has been written to help you understand why privacy matters to me and how I will treat the personal information I collect through my Website.
You should read the policy carefully and contact me if you have any questions or concerns about my practices. By using the Website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
What information do I collect?
If you contact me using the contact form I will collect:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your company address (if provided)
- Any personal information you provide me in the comments section.
I may also collect Cookies and Usage Data during your use of my Website. Please refer to my separate policy on Cookies. Usage data may include information such as
- Your computer’s IP address
- Your browser type and browser version
- The pages of the Website that your visit
- The date and time of your visit and the time spent on those pages
- Other diagnostic data
How do I use the information?
I use the information collected to:
- Contact you, if you have submitted your information using the contact form.
- Use analytics to improve my Website, the user experience, personalise the content or help me understand the needs of the users including monitor the usage of the Website.
- Finally, I may use the data to detect, prevent and address technical issues.
What basis do I have to process your personal data?
I will only contact you if you submit your information to me using the contact form, therefore I am following the processing conditions of consent, as you have submitted the data to me. I use your data following the processing conditions of legitimate interest, as by visiting my Website you are interested in my business services.
When do I share personal data?
I treat personal data confidentiality. I will only use it to provide my services or conduct my business operations. I will not share it with marketing companies.
I may disclose your data in good faith, if there is a legal requirement, such as to comply with a legal obligation, to protect my own rights, to protect the users rights, to protect against legal liability.
I may contract third party companies and individuals to facilitate my Service, to provide the Service on my behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist me in analysing how my Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on my behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. This would include search engine facilities and paid advertising, statistics on the use of my Website, including data on traffic and usage patterns.
Where do I store and process data?
All data is stored and processed within the United Kingdom, the data is not transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
How do I secure personal data?
The security of your data is important to me and I will take every reasonable measure to keep your data secure. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While I strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, I cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How long do I keep personal data for?
I only keep data for as long as reasonably necessary.
What are your rights in relation to personal data?
You are entitled:
- To be informed about the use and collection of your personal information
- To have the right to access personal data that is held about you
- To correct or delete that data
- To withdraw consent or restrict processing of data
- To have data portability (to use a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation)
- To restrict the processing of your data
- To object against the use of your data
You are entitled to exercise your rights. Should you wish to make a complaint or a subject data request please email firstname.lastname@example.org. I will do my best to rectify matters accordingly, but if you remain unhappy you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
Your rights may be limited in certain circumstances, for example if your subject data request may expose data about another person, or if you ask me to delete information which I am required to keep by law.
To learn more about your rights you should refer to the Information Commissioner’s Office own website.
How do you contact me?